11 Tips For Your Boudoir Beauty Photo Shoot
First of all…why would anyone want to have a boudoir beauty photo shoot?!? Well…they are so much fun to start off and they can make you see and feel the beauty that you may not take the time to recognize.
I’m a Mom of 3 little ones and I often throw a toque on my head to keep my bad hair days hidden from the public. Anyone else do this? I know toques are the trend but honestly, I’m so thankful that they are! With that being said, I am a really busy lady with my business, my family, my friends (I love my coffee time with my friends) and a day of hair and makeup and pampering (especially with my girlfriends) can’t be beat!
If you do plan on giving this special gift to yourself or someone else, here are 11 tips to help prep for your boudoir beauty photo shoot:
1. sleep…it’s crazy what a good night’s sleep can do for us!
2. moisturize. It always gets forgotten in my life so here’s a friendly reminder in case you’re like me!
3. bring at least 5 wardrobe options including accessories. I always suggest a variety of items from baggy sexy sweaters to delicate pretty lingerie.
4. manicure and pedicure…believe it or not, your hands and feet often get captured in the photo.
5. come early…relax and enjoy the whole experience.
6. bring your own music…this is your time and bring whatever music will help you enjoy it most!
7. show up for a good time…have fun!
8. show up and I’ll do the rest…taking beautiful photographs is up to the photographer.
9. no new haircuts or new colours the day before…just in case.
10. no quick ‘tans’ right before the shoot. Your natural skin tone will be beautiful.
11. no negative words once on the set…this is a positive moment. You need to enjoy the experience and feel awesome!
You can find more of my work HERE.
I am also thrilled to be shooting 2 full days of Boudoir Beauty Photo Shoots in my new studio! Check out the info:
January 27, 2017 with Kelly Johannson-Pollitt!!
makeup/hair/one hour session/digitals
Book in a group and receive $50 shoot product credit for each of you!
Past and current clients receive $50 shoot product credit!